Bellevue Homes for Sale
Bellevue Iowa, a small tight-knit community of approximately 2,191 residents located on the mighty Mississippi in Jackson County!
Local School Info - 652 students
- Ranked #53 for safest schools in the state of Iowa
- Ranked #63 for districts with the BEST teachers in the state of Iowa
- Elementary (K-5) School is rated 5 stars
- High School (6-12) is rated 4 stars
- 77% Proficient - Reading
- 91% Proficient - Math
- Click here for more information- Bellevue School District Home Page
Local Economics - Bellevue thrives on local businesses, but also has a lot of potential for professional careers as well! Here is a LINK that provides all available jobs in the area. In addition to all of the great jobs open in Bellevue, here is a breakdown of the local economy including unemployment rate, recent job growth, future job growth, income taxes, cost of living etc. Economy
*Have questions about local mortgage rates? This site will give you a breakdown of interest rates, equity rates, and much more! Take a look at what your future holds here
Health Care in the Community- This site will show you the health care options in Bellevue, air quality, water quality, number of physicians, and health costs.
Religion - Bellevue has 3 churches within the community
- Saint Joseph's Catholic Church
- First Presbyterian Church
- St. John's Lutheran Church
Breakdown of local religion - Religion Overview
Housing Statistics - Bellevue has a median home value of $146,500 & the average home appreciation is at about 26.63%. The average age of real estate is 61 years.
Vacancy - Bellevue is at 10.76% for unoccupied homes & apartments.
|HOUSING||Bellevue, Iowa||United States|
|Median Home Age||61||37|
|Median Home Cost||$146,500||$185,800|
|Home Appr. Last 12 months||7.08%||3.74%|
|Home Appr. Last 5 yrs.||15.45%||16.02%|
|Home Appr. Last 10 yrs.||26.63%||-0.68%|
|Property Tax Rate||$12.87||$11.80|
(information & graphs from http://www.bestplaces.net/)
- Beautiful Bellevue State Park - beautiful views of the Mississippi River and bluffs for miles! Enjoy the many different activities at the park!
- Camping, canoeing, kayaking, hiking, biking, shooting sports, butterfly garden, and birding trails!
- Bellevue is full of history. Here are a few of the most popular sites to visit!
- George Dyas House 1850-1860, one of the first EVER limestone homes built in Jackson County!
- Potter's Mill - Originally built to mill flour and had a active milling business until 1969, it has since been restored and is a staple of the town.
- Lucke Building- Built in 1857 is an excellent example of commercial design from the 1850's. Lucke was known for his boot, shoe, and leather goods.
Must Try Restaurants
- Flatted Fifth Blues & Bbq @ Potter's Mill
- Grandpas Parlor- Great soup & sandwiches... and of course Ice Cream!
- Richman's Cafe - Great menu & FANTASTIC view of the Mississippi
Above Picture is Downtown Bellevue, IA
Below Picture is the Middle & High School in Bellevue, IA
Look at the map below to view ALL homes listed within our great community!
© 2018 Onjax, LLC. All Rights Reserved.