Quick & Easy Tips To Prepare Your Home For Showings
Preparing your home for showings can be quick and easy here are 10 tips to help getting your home to its full showing potential!
1) Check the exterior, make sure that your curb appeal is at its best! You one have one chance to make a good first impression, so you want to get it right.
- Clean up any loose brush in yard or landscaping, it gives a clean clear view of your home.
- Always make sure your yard is up to par, depending on the season.
-Lawn freshly mowed
- Check all counter tops, closets, cabinets, stairs, and entry ways for clutter, to many things in once space can change how it is viewed.
- The kitchen is one of the biggest selling points of a home. Things to watch for in the kitchen
- All counter tops are cleared and clean enough to eat off of
- Make sure the floors are swept and squeaky clean, that is a huge attention grabber, and we want to ensure they are getting a goo impression.
- Refrigerator, all shelves are clean on the inside and the exterior of the fridge is bare and wiped clean. ( clear all magnets, drawings, calendars, etc)
4) Bathrooms- also a huge selling point of a home!
- All counter tops are cleared and clean
- Check the mirriors for streaks and prints
- Floors need to be swept and mopped
- Check bathtub and/or shower to make sure all tile is clean and any products are neatly stored
- Linen closet- organized to best show space
- No matter the size of the room it is important for the buyers to be able to see the amount of space offered in each room, clean out any clutter!
- All beds are made neatly
- Closets, buyers almost always open the closets to the rooms make sure they are organized to show the amount of storage in each closet
6) Check all floors!
7) Windows- Clean windows are key!
- Check all blinds, make sure are clean and working properly
- Clean all windowsills are clean
- Natural light helps brighten any room, leave blinds/curtains open for all showings
8) Temperature- Make sure your home is comfortable, if it is hot out you want the buyers to feel relief from the heat upon entering your home keep temp 70-74 desgrees. If it is cold out make sure to have the heat set to 72-76 degrees, you want the buyers to feel they are entering a warm and cozy home!
9) Odors- Make sure you to check for odors in your home, this tends to be one of the biggest turns offs for home buyers. Get an opinion from somebody that does not live in the house!
10) Make the buyers feel welcome! Open all blinds to windows, crack a window for fresh breeze, light a candle or bake some cookies! These are simple ways to make your home feel inviting and calm.
Good luck on your selling!